Greetings Demon Deacons,
In partnership with student leaders, Environmental Health and Safety, Student Health Service, and Facilities and Campus Services, our office is happy to share that community kitchens will open in the residence halls the morning of Thursday, April 1st.
These spaces are opening on a modified use basis. Below are the guidelines and expectations for students to adhere to when using community kitchens:
- Only one student is allowed in the kitchen at a time. Please limit use to 30 minutes to allow opportunities for others.
- Kitchens are to be used for food preparation only. Eating and/or socializing in the kitchens is not allowed.
- Students are required to wear a face-covering and practice proper hand hygiene while using the kitchen.
- Comply with all posted signage.
- Wipe down all surfaces and equipment with the provided cleaning wipes before and after use.
- Clean and remove all cookware and utensils each time you use the kitchen. Items may not be stored in the kitchen during this period.
- Kitchens will be serviced twice a day by custodial services.
Kitchens found not to meet these standards will be subject to closure. We hope that you enjoy the use of these spaces while following the guidance provided by campus partners and current public health guidance.
Should you have any further questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.5185.
Wesley Todd, MPA
Associate Director of Housing