We are writing tonight to clarify the process for students to be released from quarantine or isolation.
Bottom line up front:
- You are not able to leave quarantine or isolation until you receive a secure message in your Student Health Portal that includes a Release from Quarantine or Release From Isolation Form — even if you had previously received a message that included an anticipated released date.
Additional background and key points:
- During our COVID surge, the University went back to using a 14-day quarantine as one of the measures to break the chain of COVID transmission.
- Some students early in the surge received an initial message about quarantine that reflected a 10-day quarantine. We regret any confusion this may have caused.
- All students in quarantine must complete 14 days of quarantine.
What is the process for getting released from quarantine or isolation?
- You will receive a secure message in your Student Health Portal on the morning you are due to be released. While this could be a different day than you originally anticipated or were told, Student Health Service will inform you when your quarantine period is over.
- Once you agree to and sign the Isolation or Quarantine Release Form in that message, an automated email will go to the Student Health Service, as well as to our COVID Housing Team when applicable.
- Students at the hotels who complete their Release Form may check out of the hotel beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- If you do not receive a form that morning, your quarantine or isolation is not over and you must remain in quarantine or isolation until you receive that form.
For students who are quarantining at the hotel:
- If you were released from the hotel after 10 days of quarantine, you will need to complete the remaining four days on campus quarantining in place.
- Your quarantine does not end until you receive your Release Form.
If you completed a Declination of Housing Form to quarantine or isolate at your permanent residence or other approved location:
- You must complete your full 14 days of quarantine or 10 days of isolation at that location.
- Please do not begin traveling back to Winston-Salem until you receive your Release Form in the Student Health Portal.
- Your Deacon OneCard cannot be reactivated until we have received and processed your completed Release Form.
The Call Center will be open tomorrow from 10 am-5 pm (EST) should you have questions (336.758.7500).
Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate this surge together.
— Student Health Service and Office of Residence Life and Housing