This message is being shared with the entire campus community because it contains important information about a modified stay-at-home order in North Carolina. If you are not currently in North Carolina and will not return until after Jan. 8, 2021, this will not apply to you.
Dear Wake Forest students, faculty, and staff,
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced a modified “stay-at-home” order that will go into effect on Friday, Dec. 11, and will last through at least Jan. 8, 2021.
All individuals in North Carolina must stay at home (or in the place they will remain for the night) between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. (the “stay-at-home period”), unless an exception applies.
According to the stay-at-home order, people are permitted to leave their residence only for the following reasons:
- Travel to or from a place of work; perform work at their workplace when the worker’s presence is required by the worker’s employer; travel for work purposes;
- To obtain food, medical care, fuel or social services;
- Travel from a business that closed at or after 10 p.m.; travel to a business that will open at 5 a.m.;
- Travel to take care of a family member, friend or pet in another household;
- Travel to or from a religious service;
- Travel necessary for personal safety;
- Travel into or out of the state.
While events must end by 10 p.m., collegiate sporting events may continue past I0 p.m. For additional questions, please see the NC.gov FAQ.
It will take the work of all of us to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your adherence to this stay-at-home order, as well as to all other public health related orders issued by local, state, or federal governments.
— Communications and External Relations