This message was sent on May 8, 2020.
Dear Members of the Class of 2020, parents and families,
Congratulations! After years of hard work, you are graduating with your Wake Forest degree. We are proud of you and your accomplishments, and we won’t let these uncommon circumstances keep us from celebrating all you have done.
As you’ve heard, Wake Forest is recognizing the Class of 2020 twice — once during the virtual conferring of degrees on Monday, May 18 at 7 p.m. (EST) and again at an in-person commencement ceremony on Hearn Plaza on Saturday, October 31 at 1 p.m. As we get closer to these events, we want to make sure you are ready for both.
We have a little more than 10 days before we celebrate the conferring of degrees. On May 18, you can view the conferring of degrees ceremony at go.wfu.edu/wfugrad20. Make sure you have your camera ready, because throughout the ceremony, we want to see how the Class of 2020 is making this moment memorable at their homes around the world.
While we’re busy getting everything ready and cooking up a few surprises for you, we have some ideas for how you can prepare for the big day!
Here are our Top 10 suggestions for the Class of 2020, as well as their family and friends.
- Invite friends and family to tune in for the Virtual Conferring of Degrees on May 18 by visiting go.wfu.edu/wfugrad20.
- Wear your most festive Old Gold and Black attire and encourage friends and family to dress for the big day as well.
- Make sure you all stay for the entire event! There’s a surprise at the end you won’t want to miss.
- Share the moment! Let classmates, friends and family know how you’re celebrating and post on social media — during and after the ceremony — using #WFU20.
- Parents, families and friends: Take a photo when your graduate stands to be recognized with their degree group. Share it on social with #WFU20 and tag Wake Forest.
- Toast the Class of 2020! Mix up a pitcher of Arnold Palmers and raise a “glass of the finest” to our newest Wake Forest alumni.
- Download a custom WFU Class of 2020 virtual backdrop to commemorate the special day. Downloads available at go.wfu.edu/wfugrad20.
- Post the proud graduate’s photo in a custom Facebook frame along with this caption: Celebrating the Wake Forest Class of 2020! Demon Deacons for life. #WFU20
- Work the perks! Join WAKENetwork, Wake Forest’s online directory, to be connected with thousands of Wake Foresters around the world. The private network is searchable by class year, employer, geographic location, degree earned and more. Additionally, check out other ways to connect as alumni and watch for a special surprise from our Alumni Engagement team delivered to your home address.
- Smile. Hug. Repeat. You are Deacs for life.
We look forward to connecting with you, your classmates, families, friends and the entire Wake Forest community to confer Wake Forest degrees on the Class of 2020. You won’t want to miss it!
If you want to start making plans for the October 31 in-person ceremony, the details are found at our commencement website. This includes information about ticket registration, hotel reservations, cap and gown orders and other important details. We will update the site regularly, and we will also share information via your Wake Forest email so keep checking that inbox.
Congratulations, again, Class of 2020! We will celebrate with you soon!
Wake Forest University Commencement Office