This message was sent on March 30.

Dear Residents of Wake Forest Properties,

I hope you are well and taking good care of yourselves during this difficult time.

In light of the current circumstances, Wake Forest Properties has decided to permit early lease terminations upon request. In anticipation of the many questions this will raise for each of you, I have compiled the following list of questions and answers. Please read each one carefully.

What is the earliest I can terminate my lease?
April 1, 2020

I am currently occupying my leased housing and wish to move out and terminate my lease; what do I do?
Please remove all of your belongings and follow the attached move-out instructions. Your lease obligations and rent will end on the date your keys are returned.

NOTE: For individuals who who wish to terminate their lease on either April 1st or May 1st, Wake Forest Properties will permit a 7-day grace period for keys to be returned. Keys must be sent certified mail to:

Wake Forest Properties
c/o Hope Jordan
2438 Reynolda Road
Winston Salem, NC 27106

Provided the return envelope is postmarked by the 7th of the applicable month, termination will be made retroactive to the 1st of the month. All leases will remain in effect until keys have been returned. PLEASE KEEP YOUR TRACKING NUMBER SHOULD THERE BE A DISCREPANCY.

I am NOT currently residing in my leased housing and wish to terminate, but my belongings are still in the house; what do I do?
Please email me at jordanha@wfu.edu

I wish to terminate my lease for now, but I want to renew for the fall semester. Is this allowed?
Yes. We will waive your April and May, 2020 rent.

When will I receive my security deposit refund?
Security deposit refunds will be processed as quickly as possible. However, please understand that the challenges and limitations of the current situation are likely to delay the process. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

What do I need to do to receive my security deposit refund?
Follow the instructions on the attached move-out form.

I expect to hear from many of you in response to this email; and I understand that you will be anxious for my replies. Please be patient as I work through this unfamiliar territory with each of you. I want to be sure to give everyone the time and attention you need.

Thank you,

Hope Jordan
Portfolio Manager
Wake Forest University
Wake Forest Properties
P.O. Box 7477, Winston Salem, NC 27109