As Wake Forest continues to navigate a phase change in our COVID-19 management — from emergency response to ongoing mitigation — it has reached a transition point to begin integrating and embedding our work of the past two years into existing operations.
As such, President Susan Wente has endorsed the creation of a Campus Health Committee, a cross-functional group convened to support holistic campus health monitoring, mitigation and management, including our continued pandemic response needs. With the fundamental goal of supporting our academic mission, this committee will be responsible for recommending and implementing public health strategies to address immediate needs, as well as providing long-term strategies for supporting campus health at Wake Forest.
This website will provide updates from the committee’s work, as well as direction to relevant health information on the websites of appropriate campus departments.
Thank you for all you are doing to help keep our community healthy.
Nov. 30: The committee outlined important reminders for staying healthy during winter break and the start of the spring semester. Read the message »
- Students with COVID concerns (symptoms, positive test, etc.) should visit the Student Health Service COVID website and the Isolation website for more information.
- All new students (other than those in online-only or weekend/evening programs) will continue to be required to provide proof of vaccination and a single booster. Student Health Service will coordinate future communication and administrative tracking of vaccine compliance.
- New students for fall 2023 will receive information in May 2023 about vaccine documentation and should submit COVID-19 vaccination and booster documentation by July 1, 2023, through the Health and Immunization Form as with all other required vaccinations.
- Questions about COVID-19 should be directed to Student Health Service. If you test positive for COVID-19, you should first notify the Student Health Service by emailing email@example.com.
For Faculty and Staff
- COVID-19 information for faculty and staff is available on the Human Resources website.
- New employees will continue to be required to provide proof of vaccination and a single booster.
- The Faculty & Staff Clinic will continue to be available for COVID-related questions and testing. Employees should continue to inform the clinic of any positive COVID-19 test results if tested elsewhere.
- Additional questions about COVID-19 may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.